Charlotte @ Florida Atlantic
Last Season Records: Florida Atlantic 5-7; Charlotte 5-7
What to Know
The Charlotte 49ers haven’t won a game against the Florida Atlantic Owls since Nov. 24 of 2018, but they’ll be looking to end the drought on Saturday. Charlotte and Florida Atlantic are opening their 2022 seasons against one another at 7 p.m. ET at FAU Stadium. Last year was nothing to brag about for the 49ers (5-7), so the squad is looking forward to a new start. The Owls struggled last year, too, ending up 5-7.
Two last-season defensive stats to keep an eye on: Charlotte ranked 234th worst in the nation with respect to touchdowns allowed last season, where the team gave up 54 (bottom 180%). Florida Atlantic experienced some struggles of their own as they were 187th worst when it came to passing yards allowed per game last year, with the team giving up 252.2 on average (bottom 144%). It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
Since the experts predict a defeat, Charlotte will need to dig deep. We’ll soon see whether they can make the experts look bad.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: FAU Stadium — Boca Raton, Florida
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
The Owls are a solid 7-point favorite against the 49ers, according to the latest college football odds.
Florida Atlantic have won five out of their last seven games against Charlotte.
- Oct 21, 2021 – Florida Atlantic 38 vs. Charlotte 9
- Oct 03, 2020 – Florida Atlantic 21 vs. Charlotte 17
- Sep 28, 2019 – Florida Atlantic 45 vs. Charlotte 27
- Nov 24, 2018 – Charlotte 27 vs. Florida Atlantic 24
- Nov 25, 2017 – Florida Atlantic 31 vs. Charlotte 12
- Oct 09, 2016 – Charlotte 28 vs. Florida Atlantic 23
- Sep 26, 2015 – Florida Atlantic 17 vs. Charlotte 7